PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHomeHome
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Ben's "Up" themed 4th Birthday Cake

I have waited for this day for many months!

For as long as I can remember, my middle son Ben, has had a complete love affair with balloons! He really does want for nothing else and asks for nothing else! He has the kindest and most innocent soul - it makes me sooo proud. He discovered the movie "Up" at the beginning of the year and needless to say we watch the movie EVERY day! Not so bad, I love it too!

I knew I would have a balloon party for Ben, no other choice really, but once Up came around, I knew it had to themed that way also! I also wanted to have a crack at making that house! (more on that later)

I also wanted to make the dessert table colourful and decided to incporate the rainbow colours. I decided to hang strands upon strands of crepe paper to look like it was a suspended rainbow. I loved how that turned out. All the treats I wanted to make rainbow and balloon orientated.

It was a family and close friends gathering only, but we had such a nice afternoon sharing fun moment and enjoying the pleasure of seeing my little boy shine!

I was also delighted to have Ben's party featured on the Amy Atlas blog today! Check it out here. The pioneer of dessert tables has shown the way to all of us. Thank you for the feature Amy!



Let's start with the table and work back!


The invitations - simple and left no doubt as to the balloon theme!



The balloons were aloft!

Loved how the balloons came out in this photo. My boy was sooooo excited with this bunch of helium filled balloons. They never left his hands. Something like this brings a tear of joy to my eyes!




Let the fun begin!


Friends to enjoy the day with !


These photos say it all



Sharing the day with Ben's beautiful little cousins, Olivia & Elan, and of course his gorgeous Aunty Tina!


What is a party without friends?!



And then there was desserts!

A table of rainbow coloured balloon delights!




The Up House.

The scale of this house is HUGE! I knew again that I would not and could not cut this cake, so decided to carve and shape from styro! Easy ... not! I felt like an architect, looking at all the different angles of the house as well as the structure. I would hazard a guess that this display cake took about 30+ hours to make! To see the look on Ben's face and every day since then, worth every single second!


I will post more pics of this house in a separate post later in the week.


Ice cream cone cupcakes.

Wanted to try something different and these definitely were. Took a while for the kids to work out what they were - the surprise was in the inside!


Sweet Treats

Rainbow sprinkled chocolate brownies, rainbow coloured macarons and vanilla whoopie pies filled with marshmallow icing.


7 layered rainbow jelly.

Love the effect and the kids hoovered these down first. All with their personalised Ben spoons.

Wooden spoons and name stamps can be purchased from the Sweet Style online store. Click here.


A last minute way to display the M&Ms. I decided to make them into hot air balloons. I just used these gorgeous wooden cups available from Sweet Style and filled them with M&Ms before adding in the balloons on sticks. Ben loved these!


The edible birthday cake and cookies.

It is no secret that I love vintage! I love the look of the rustic buttercream finish, so I made this 6 layered rainbow cake layered and covered in buttercream and simply dotted with balloons. YUMMO! Around the base were balloon bunch cookie pops for the kids as take home treats!

The beautiful Rosanna Inc cake stand can be purchased from the Sweet style online store here.


My boy, his balloons, his cake and his buddy! x



To my gorgeous boy on your 4th birthday!

We love you to the moon & back! xx


Invitations & printables by Blissfully Sweet

Photos & styling by Blissfully Sweet

All sweet treats & cakes by Blissfully Sweet

Rosanna Inc cake stand and wooden cutlery by Sweet Style


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only recently stumbled across your site and my goodness and i AMAZED!!! I just woke up to feed my lil 11mnt old and thought since i'm half awake at 3am i might as well do some cake browsing and its now 5am and i've only looked at your site + sweet styles. I'm in LOVE with your cake, sweets, and design creations! Just simply beautiful in every way.
Julie.

Jessica DesLongchamp said...

Do you mind sharing where you got your balloons? I'm trying to find perfectly round balloons for a birthday party and I can only seem to find 36" balloons and that is just too large for the tables I want to put them on, any information you can share would be very helpful! Thank you!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails